Funny Caregiver Stories

senior humor old age funnies

Caregivers often share with each other funny moments they experienced their clients doing or did with them. These moments can be a delightfully great laugh and is what can really add to the bond between caregiver and Alzheimer client | dementia caregiver.

When I cared for Lo, a quirky senior women with late-stages dementia, she was still cheeky enough to reply with witty retorts. One day during a shopping activity, she came out of a dressing room with a shawl completely put on incorrectly. I told her that her "bits were hanging out." She responded, "Just the way the boys like it." We had a good laugh on that one.

In this:  Caregivers Stories: Funny Things That Elderly Parents, you can read similar funny and quirky stories.

A prelude: "My mom lived in an assisted care facility where everyone left their doors open. One man with Alzheimer's was restless and walked the halls endlessly. On one visit, she mentioned that he had tried to crawl into bed with her one night. I said what did you do?! She told him he was in the wrong room & he left. Then she added, "What good is a man in your bed if he can't remember anything..."

3 comments:

  1. Having Dementia disease knocked my grandma off her life and had her living like a mad person, I didn't know how the better part of her life eluded her, my mind was completely splatted in two, She showed a severe decline in her mental and cognitive skills in the last few years of her life and her quality of life had deteriorated greatly in the last 3 years of life where she was mostly bedridden. I am very glad my partner sought help and now she is free from all signs of psychosis. She was healed through the herbal medicines from Dr Charanjit, I do not wish to go the same route and I manage to live a fairly active and healthy lifestyle.
    Here are her words "Finally, can you imagine what it would feel like to be NORMAL again, like I were before I was struck down by this horrible condition that you never asked for, and don’t deserve?" Sounds great doesn't it?
    You can contact him via email charantova@gmail.com He is well known for his groundbreaking treatments concerning the brain and mind issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great read! Thank you for sharing. As a former caregiver myself, I can say that we truly see and hear it all when we work with elderly clients. I think it's always great to hear about the experiences had by other people who provide home care and assisted living for our seniors, and stories like these are so easy to connect with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DOES HERBS WORK FOR DEMENTIA?

    This was the same question that prompted me to read further a testimony I saw on a blog. I would like to tell a story - hoping it will be useful to others - of my struggles and achievements with Dementia. I was diagnosed a little over 4 years ago, No doctors I met have any treatment or even suggestions apart western medications. I even sought advice on Youtube, to no avail. After using the conventional approach to medication treatment without improvement. I am glad something happens fast. There have been suicides due to people not being able to continue on living with the endless memory challenges. It is horrible. I learned about Dr. charanjit herbal medicine that works effectively for me without any negative effects. I have returned back to my normal life and I hope that the symptoms do not return again, It really helped me! If you have Dementia kindly contact Dr. Charanjit for help and necessary solution (charantova@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete